There’s been a machinery revolution in recent times, with a focus on energy costs, sustainability…
Vision Linens has retained its EcoVadis silver rating. EcoVadis is the world’s most trusted provider of business sustainability ratings, intelligence and collaborative performance improvement tools for global supply chains.
Industry leaders such as Johnson & Johnson, Verizon, L’Oréal, Subway, Nestlé, Salesforce, Michelin and BASF are among the more than 55,000 businesses on the EcoVadis network, working to assess, collaborate and improve sustainability performance in order to protect their brands, foster transparency and innovation, and accelerate growth.
Vision has been a member of EcoVadis for three years and has excelled in a number of disciplines in order to retain its silver rating, which it has held for the duration of its membership.
The sustainability scorecard belonging to Vision offers detailed insights to its environmental, labour and human rights, ethics and sustainable procurement risks. The company’s overall performance has been ranked in the 76th percentile compared to all over companies’ scored by EcoVadis. Sustainable procurement was one of four standout areas for Vision, rewarded with an advanced score, for the following strengths:
- Endorsement of external initiative on sustainable procurement issues [Better Cotton Initiative (BCI), Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI)]
- Comprehensive sustainable procurement policies on both social and environmental factors
- Onsite audits of suppliers on environmental or social issues
- Regular supplier assessment (eg questionnaire) on environmental, social practices, quality and their health and safety practices
- CSR risk analysis (ie prior to supplier assessments or audits)
A hugely beneficial aspect of the EcoVadis platform is that Vision’s customers have access to the scorecard to see, in detail, how the textile company performs against particular areas, providing a centralised hub for various certifications. Where customers are not able to access this, they can ask for summary reports compiled by EcoVadis
Vision Group assurance and compliance manager, Dianne Hill, said: “The system is based on third-party checks that demonstrate our commitment to continuous improvement whilst also providing our customers the peace of mind that we deliver on our promises.”