Welcome to the Housekeeping Today website
Statement regarding CleanEx 2020 and Hospitality Expo 2020
We can now confirm that CleanEx and Hospitality Expo have been postponed until Sunday 25th and Monday 26th April 2021.
We had considered holding the event later this year, but with the timescale of COVID-19 being unknown, may be months, we felt it better to reschedule for 2021.
We would like to thank those of you who have offered messages of support. We now feel from your comments that our decision to protect the safety of our exhibitors and visitors has been widely acknowledged.
All sponsorship and bookings will remain secured and we look forward to working with you over the coming months as we re-plan the event for next
Government advice – what you need to know
- businesses and workplaces should encourage their employees to work at home, wherever possible
- if someone becomes unwell in the workplace with a new, continuous cough or a high temperature, they should be sent home and advised to follow the advice to stay at home
- employees should be reminded to wash their hands for 20 seconds more frequently and catch coughs and sneezes in tissues
- frequently clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are touched regularly, using your standard cleaning products
- employees will need your support to adhere to the recommendation to stay at home to reduce the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) to others
- those who follow advice to stay at home will be eligible for statutory sick pay (SSP) from the first day of their absence from work
- employers should use their discretion concerning the need for medical evidence for certification for employees who are unwell. This will allow GPs to focus on their patients
- if evidence is required by an employer, those with symptoms of coronavirus can get an isolation note from NHS 111 online, and those who live with someone that has symptoms can get a note from the NHS website
- employees from defined vulnerable groups should be strongly advised and supported to stay at home and work from there if possible
Finally, we wish you all the very best for your businesses. Keep your families and staff safe in these extraordinary and worrying times.
Housekeeping Today UK is the only dedicated publication for housekeepers in the UK.
The new bi-monthly A4 printed and online publication will be devoted entirely to housekeepers and their suppliers, including the latest news, appointments, product launches, company profiles, interviews, campaigns and the work of the United Kingdom Housekeepers Association (UKHA).
The feedback we are receiving, to this new magazine, is absolutely brilliant – subscriptions are building and our online readership is growing rapidly.
Our team is passionate about this new venture and will be doing all we can to ensure its growth.
Have housekeeping news to share?
It is all about a two way conversation. So if you would like to share your career or see your venue featured, do get in touch. If there is a hot-topic which needs a closer look, we would like to know. Perhaps you have a member of staff who has gone beyond the call or duty? Or there is a lighter moment of hotel life you would like to share? Our contact details are here and we would love you to get in touch.
Housekeeping Today UK will without doubt become the industry’s leading publication. Its superb quality, together with its pages of informative features and news stories, makes it the magazine for all housekeepers.
UKHA Diary dates 2020
(Dates TBC during coronavirus)
Check UKHA website for next event details.
For more information, visit the UKHA events page.